Our school has a uniform which was agreed with parents several years ago. This is now part of the school rules and children will be challenged if they are not wearing their uniforms.
We would encourage you to buy the uniform for your child because:
- In a area of wide social background it masks trivial distinctions
- It is much cheaper than buying up-to-date fashionable clothes
- It gives a sense of identity and belonging to a particular community
- It looks smart when children are involved in out of school activities or school productions
The uniform consists of:
- Dark grey, black or navy trousers
- Navy blue jumper
- White or blue shirt
- Navy black or grey pinafore or trousers
- Navy jumper or cardigan
- White or blue blouse
The cost for one set of uniform clothes from a major chain store would be approximately £30.00.
Our Year 6 children wear a light blue jumper instead of the darker blue one. This helps signpost them to the younger pupils who can turn to them for help or advice.
We encourage all pupils to take pride in their uniform. Please make sure every item of clothing has your child’s name clearly written on.
PE and Games
All children should have a T-shirt, shorts and sandshoes for indoor P.E. and a bag in which to keep these items. All equipment should be named. Junior children should have a change of socks and sandshoes or training shoes for outdoor games. Football boots are only needed by team members.
An old shirt or apron would help to ensure your child’s clothes are kept clean during art and craft lessons. All school clothes, in particular coats and personal property, should be clearly marked with the child’s name.