Pupil Premium Funding at South Street
We receive £202,160 pupil premium.
“Pupil Premium” funding is allocated to schools based on the number of pupils in school that are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and also for Looked After Children, ( LAC). It now includes all children in school that have been eligible for FSM at any time in the last 6 years.
At South Street we use the money to provide our children with additional support, resources and opportunities to enhance and accelerate their learning.
Money received has been used to increase staffing ratios. There is now a teaching assistant available to every class in school and in some cases there are two. There are opportunities for children to receive 1-1 and small group support targeted at specific needs.
Money has also been used to support children’s individual needs by employing staff who are skilled at working with children with a range of barriers to learning.
We have also engaged “The Friendly Development Company” to help develop children’s resilience and build confidence and positive attitudes to learning.
In addition we also place high emphasis on providing children with experiences through visits and visitors to support their learning and development.
- Published data for “ Pupil Premium” children in Year 2 is above the Local Authority in terms of attainment in the majority of areas ( broadly in line with the LA in writing at L2+ and level 3)
- Published data for “Pupil Premium” children in Year 6 is above the Local Authority at attaining level 4+ in Reading, Writing and Maths.
- Internal and external data reflects good and in some cases exceptional progress for children, including those who are supported through “Pupil Premium” funding and who also have barriers to learning.
- Improved confidence, resilience and positive learning attitudes (supporting progress and attainment), in response to 1-1 and small group specialist support and specific work done by the Friendly Development Company.
- Experiences from visits and visitors supporting vocabulary development and contributing to quality of written work.