Sports Premium 2015-2016
This academic year South Street received £8822 from the School Sports Premium. It was invested in the following ways:
- £4950 used to employ a Sports Apprentice from PEAK Sport. This new member of staff has supported, and in some cases led, all PE lessons in Key Stages 1 and 2 in addition to running lunchtime clubs and supporting with out of hours competitions.
- £2400 used to pay for the Premium Level of the School Sports Partnership Service Level Agreement. This SLA has gained our school access to a varied calendar of competitions in many sports, access for all staff to professional development, discounted rates linked to sporting products and local services plus regular termly network meetings to remain at the forefront of the latest sporting initiatives to engage our young people.
- £1472 used to pay for professional coaches for after school sports clubs and sports resources and general upkeep of facilities on site.
If you require further information please feel free to contact school directly.
Sports Premium 2014-2015
Amount of Premium received – £9,115.00
How it has been spent to date
|Coaches for out of hours clubs e.g. yoga, multi-skills, ball skills, dance and change for life club.||
|Outdoor and adventurous residential visits||
|School’s Sports Partnership Affiliation with focus on staff professional development within PE and school support.||
- Following more opportunities for staff training, all staff are now able to consistently deliver high quality curriculum PE lessons (including HLTA’s).
- New opportunities for Year 4 to have access to a broader curriculum through a Robinwood visit.
- Children with identified disabilities and needs have had more opportunities to take part in sporting festivals.
- Notably higher achievement at a wider range of tournaments and events within our cluster and authority wide.
Attainment linked to developing healthy life-styles
- Change for Life Club is supporting children’s understanding of the benefits of a healthy life-style including sport, healthy eating choices and general wellbeing.
- Healthy School week planned for week beginning 23 June incorporating Healthy Eating, roadshow, curriculum links and a whole school World Cup Day sporting event.
Further information available on request.